Tuesday, July 23, 2013

South Sound Running Opening Downtown This Week

If you drive downtown Meridian in Puyallup everyday like I do, then you've probably noticed the activity at 115 S. Meridian this past week or so.  South Sound Running is just putting the finishing touches on their newest location and plan to be open by this Friday, if not sooner.  Many who know me well know that I am passionate about historic preservation of our wonderful downtown buildings.  South Sound has artfully incorporated their company branding with the existing building architecture.  They've updated and restored the vintage rooftop sign and created a fun entry way using period mosiac tiles and inlay designs to include the business name, South Sound Running.  I especially love the new sign because I remember the original sign from when my mom would take me to that building as a child to buy tubes of paint when it was the Burr Gregory Paint Store.  Back then it was blue with gold, but the new sign design is great as well.  It was fun to talk to manager, Rick Bogatay, an Emerald Ridge High School graduate and 2011 Sound to Narrows champion, as well as Ben Crabtree from South Sound Running corporate.  I originally met Rick at the Walk A Mile in Her Shoes event at Meeker Days last month so it was a treat to be able to talk to him about their progress.  Welcome to your new location in downtown Puyallup and we look forward to your success.








Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/06/30/2659634/south-sound-running-opening-puyallup.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment